What: A unique field trip to a 1913 brick one-room schoolhouse!
Where: Little Red Schoolhouse, 20553 CSAH (County Road) 28, Litchfield MN
7 miles SW of Litchfield; 1 mile East of Beckville Church.
Why: Our mission is to promote the history and culture of rural education in the Litchfield area.
When: Booking in the months of May and October
- Experience “A day in the life of a country school”.
- Old-fashioned dress is encouraged.
- Their lunch is brought in a wicker basket/metal pail.
- Learn etiquette, discipline, lessons of the early to mid 1900’s.
- Do handwriting on slate boards.
- Guess what agricultural tools were used for.
- Purchase items from the “General Store.”
- Play old fashioned games.
Five field trips have already taken place at this unique red-brick building on it’s original site. The students and teachers LOVED it and are coming back!
Why not “get on the bus,” and schedule a field trip for your class?
For more information and/or booking a field trip contact, former Little Red Schoolhouse student: Judy (Lundin) Walstad, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 952-403-9207 (H), 952-237-5529 (Cell)